- About Us
Chef Andrew Le, The Pig and The Lady
For brown butter:
1. Melt 1 pound of butter in sauté pan over high heat.
2. Once the butter begins to bubble, turn the heat down to medium-low.
3. The butter fat and the milk solids will separate and the milk solids will begin to brown and the aroma will be nutty. Stir the butter to prevent the milk solids from sticking to the bottom of the pan and to prevent burning.
4. Once the butter is aromatic and brown, remove from heat and strain through a sieve lined with a coffee filter or light paper towel.
For confit garlic, confit shallot, and infused brown butter:
1. Smash the garlic and remove skin. Remove skin of the shallot and slice.
2. Place the garlic and shallot into a small pot and barely cover with brown butter.
3. Place over low heat and cook for 20-30 min until it is soft.
4. Remove the garlic and shallot once cooked and reserve the infused brown butter for the finished product
For the shrimp chips:
1. Preheat a pot of oil to 375 F.
2. Place dried shrimp chips into oil. Fry until it puffs.
1. Heat a heavy-bottomed sauté pan over high heat.
2. Toss the Brussel sprouts with a light coating of brown butter and season slightly with salt and pepper.
3. Once pan is hot, place Brussel sprouts into the pan.
4. Caramelize on one side and then flip over to caramelize the other side.
5. Once you get nice color, add water to help steam and finish cooking; the Brussel sprouts should be fully cooked but slightly firm
6. In a separate bowl, add the infused brown butter, lemon juice and zest, Red Boat fish sauce, parsley, chives, and clementine segments. Check for seasoning, should be buttery, citrusy, a little salty.
7. Toss Brussel sprouts and red shiso into the brown butter dressing and place on serving plate.
8. Finish with the shrimp chips spread around.